Cashback is a way of earning money on purchases you were going to make anyway. How to make the most out of cashback sites though?
These sites are effectively giving away free money. Why would you turn down free money?! You wouldn’t go into a shop to purchase something and if they had the same item listed for two different prices pick the most expensive would you?
Personal preference I prefer the ease of using Quidco however money is money regardless of which site you use so go for the one that offers the best deal for you.
Now for the way that these sites work:
- You head over to either site and simply search where you are planning to purchase from. From there you will have a list of the cashback offers they have. For example, some will have special offers for first time purchases or depending on what you are buying so a better rate on furniture over electrical items etc from stores like Argos.
- When you are ready click the shop now button, this will redirect you to where you are heading to make your purchase.
- At this point, you would go about your purchase as you would have done originally.
- Your cashback site will update (normally within 12-72 hours) to track your cashback on the purchase. From your user dashboard, you will be able to track the stages that they are at.
- Firstly each site you get cashback can vary on the time it takes you to get it back. Some will be super quick and others can be a bit slow.
- However, the way I think about these is its money I would never have had. So if they are a bit slow it may be annoying however if I am getting £10 back on a purchase I was planning on making it is bonus money.
- Both of these sites also do bonus competitions during the year where there is a chance to win extra prizes and bonus money (I’ve not won anything yet!). Completely free to enter and easy to do, so why not?
Making a quick profit from cashback sites.
Now there is another way to make a profit from some offers that you can get on the cashback sites. This may not suit everyone however if you are a fan of bingo these will be your sort of offers.
So I’ll use the Gala Bingo offer that is currently on Quidco as an example so its easier to explain.
They are currently offering a huge £50 cashback to new customers of Gala Bingo (you can not have any Gala or Coral online account!) who deposit and spend £5. So as long as you are not already a customer with them and you follow the steps through Quidco to the bingo site you will make £45 from the offer.
There are lots of offers like this on Quidco so if you do have a spare £10 a month it is worth working through the offers like this but don’t go for the ones where you don’t get your whole amount back as cashback, it’s not worth the gamble on.
This website/blog contains some affiliate links.
When you click an affiliate link and purchase something I may get a small commission but it does not affect the price you pay.